eshda3wa

May 18, 2011

Finding The Right Gym





Im no athlete. But i understand the importance of working out.
I try to work out whenever possible, and im like most people. Id get motivated for a while then the motivation wears off and im back where I started.

You see my problem is this : i cannot find the right gym.

I was happy with my gym until recently when weird ppl started joining.
One woman started cursing in the middle of class. total turn off.
The other one decided the lighting was giving her a headache and switched all of them on ruining the mood of the whole class.

Also i have noticed people working out in there pjs and the one that scares me the most works out in her big 6ambookha.
If shes in the class i leave. Not only because her 6ambookha is a danger to those around her, but im keeping the other reasons to myself.

What i want in a gym :

I hate working out on machines. they bore me out of my mind.

I need a gym that offers a variety of classes at many different times.

The trainers have to be professionals.
If im in a class and the trainer is fatter than the people attending , i leave.

The crowd definitely affects my mood.

I like small classes where very few people attend.

I would love for the gym to be 3agad/hailag free.

id rather the gym has women only classes.


The gym has to be super clean.

I like gyms that don't allow you to bring mobile fones to the work out areas, or bring in children.

Is that too much to ask for?

Your input/recommendations are highly appreciated.

Also id love to hear about your gymming nightmares!
posted by eshda3wa at 5:00 PM

12 Comments:

Try working out at curves if you have one :')
Dalal

May 18, 2011 at 6:20 PM  

eshda3wa hi :)

ana agool do the workout at home a7san hehehe..

May 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM  

i have been working out in kuwait gyms for a long time .. 6labatech mosta7eela yes it is sorry to say that . our instructors lack the experience the classes needs good instructors "most of the philippinos" few of them are good .. ladies gyms whenever you go in any area you will find 3agad o hailag ask me ;p our gym used to be clean when it was opened befor 2 years now its ok not bad .. mornings are the best time to exercise afternoons are crowded thats from 2 and up .. iam thinking to switch to c club or corniche .
by the way i heard about a gym called strech in salmya i didnt try that one yet .. good luck

May 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM  

try Pilates & More in Salmiya! the Gym is amazing, a bit expensive but they hv so many different classes!

May 19, 2011 at 9:23 AM  

Dr Abullah Almutawa mentioned a study that concluded the main reason ppl dont commit to the gym is how far it is from home. try to keep it within 10 minutes.

I'm very different from u and prefer to use the machines they give me peaceful time alone. I hate classes and dont like to deal w/ trainers. I look for price mainly and not bothered by the ppl around coz I train in my own world and shut everyone off. I care that the machines I need are available at he time I need them.
If the place is not clean I consider that enough reason to suspend my membership there indefinitely

May 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

dalal
a fewppl recommended it, im going to check it out.
thanks :)

tiger
i try but never do

Anon
im gna google strech rite now.
i work mornings for half the week, and noons for the other half. in the morning the gym is great.. at noons its really bad :(

swera
lilasaf a swera thats where im at

Vinnie
i guess ur lucky... the crowd totally affects my mood and how i work out

May 19, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Ur at pilates and more!? my friend goes there and use to love it, now she complains adn hates it because of the people that go there!
There is a new gym in salmiya called Stretch Fitness, Dunno how good it is.
There are personal trainers that can do classes for you individually if you want.
Also whats a 6ambookha????

May 22, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Chirp
pilates and more do individual classes for 25 kd which is redonculous!
a 6ambookha is that big shabasa ppl use as the modern g006y roob. under the 7jab to give the alien effect.
im googling strech fitness rite now

May 23, 2011 at 12:00 PM  

hey, well i used to go to " la famme " at khaldia.. its pretty much close to what you want.. but i gotta tell u i used to go only mornings, i dunno wat is it like in the evening.. cute old ladies attend in the morning, and few youth, zero kidows. it is clean.. trainers are lovely and damn they so fit.. so i think you should hv a look if u nvr had

June 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM  

I don't think I've ever had any problems working out at the gym. But then again I am awesome like that after all :P

July 25, 2011 at 11:20 PM  

Hey can you update us with a log about ur gym hunting experience? Legaitay shay zain ? Advice plz cuz Im also dying here looking for a decent place :( :( :(

thaaaaaaaaanks
- a suggestion for any blogger to write an article 3an ladies gyms in kuwait (with prices and reviews - that would be greattt)

July 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Fatma Q
i liked it for a while, but then they hired this girl and her sister that had no fitness background. so im not paying money to be trained by my friends in high school

ren
and who would dare rival ur awesomeness?

Anon
so far the best 1 is the new champions.. its a bit pricey mind you. but its clean, hailag free, and has a big variety of classes.

August 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home