eshda3wa

December 12, 2010

عاصفة الصحراء


i was so excited when i found out about the documentary on the invasion of kuwait.
Starting august second and ending on the day of liberation.

I thought wow finally something of significance. I was only 5 years old when the war took place, so i was looking forward to educating myself about it. Reliving what my country has went through.

I asked all my little cousins to watch. This is our history i said. Watch and learn. Since our schools barely touch on the subject.

I am EXTREMELY disappointed. Its the same 3 scenes played over and over again.
I wanted to see the Kuwaiti people. their day to day lives.

The political scenes are so monotonous. there was nothing pulling me to watch.
Me, a citizen of this country, so i can only imagine people that weren't affected by the invasion.

I have watched a dozen documentaries on world war II and loved them.

but this ... its sad how mediocre it is.

Id rather they made it short and interesting. Than long and bromidic. bromidic
posted by eshda3wa at 10:00 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home