eshda3wa

November 29, 2008

Tooth Paste





I read an interesting article.
actually i don't know how interesting it'll be for u guys :) bs u can learn a thing or two.
a very common question I hear is what type of toothpaste should i use ?


Tooth pastes act as a vehicle to provide a good and sound aesthetic smile. Here in this article you will be enlightened to the available types of tooth pastes and their different functions.

The tooth pastes in the markets are categorized in to chiefly three groups -

Group 1: Abrasive tooth pastes

These types of tooth pastes are also referred to as smokers tooth paste because of the action of abrasives to remove the smokers stain.

But it can have a side effect based on the operator’s style. I mean the operator with aggressive style of tooth brushing and those who use hard tooth brush should definitely avoid these type of toothpastes as it can easily abrade away most of your teeth.

(these are the types of toothpastes that feel like they have sand in them)



Group 2: Chemical tooth pastes

These groups of chemical tooth pastes have their action on the surface chemistry of the tooth surface.

By acting on the tooth these pastes will prevent the plaque/tartar, the white mass to get attached to the tooth. These pastes also contain peroxides for whitening and also have baking soda which is a mild abrasive.

It is used in condition where the decayed tooth is more that is the person has a high caries activity.

(usually referred by dentist but are widely available)

Group 3: Cosmetic tooth paste

These groups of tooth pastes are the most commonly used. These pastes have titanium dioxide in them. The action of these compounds is that they will go and fill all the crevices present in the tooth and give an illusion of whiter teeth.


*All three groups basically differ on these aspects but all the tooth pastes have fluorides added to them at around 500 – 1000 ppm/tooth paste.
posted by eshda3wa at 12:00 AM

20 Comments:

This is interesting, Hmmm Does the first group removes the stain from the teeth and the gum's?
Also Which is better group and how can I know it when choosing the brand?

Thanks a lot ^^

November 29, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

cool :D

November 29, 2008 at 12:33 AM  

ahaa
i see

November 29, 2008 at 1:31 AM  

I prefer changing the toothpaste brand after the tube finishes...

I feel that once your teeth get used to one type it stops having any effect on your teeth...

November 29, 2008 at 1:45 AM  

hi...

i must say that i scanned the article. ( i didn't read it in a proper way) but here is what i know about toothpaste

most toothpastes contains SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate), which is a cheap foaming agent, and it is classified as an industrial grade cleaner and it is also used in most shampoos as well. ( and u should wonder what an industrial grade cleaner is doing inside ur mouth and on ur body)

fluoride also is used widely in toothpastes, and this leads to the hazard of poisoning...

also there is many ingreidents i don't know any thing about them (YET)

now i am using an SLS, flouride free toothpaste. and it is doing well with me

November 29, 2008 at 2:52 AM  

Interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. Sooo, I used crest whitening expressions.. I'd be 3?

November 29, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

my teeth hurts me, my friend says 3a9ab, i should remove it :/

November 29, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

3a6eena examples of each inzain - were learning.

November 29, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

thanks for the info.
i'll just stick to my colgate thanks :P

November 29, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

thank u so much for the useful post, interesting information :)

November 29, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

I will start my own tooth paste production, I will mix all three of them into one tube :D

Money, money, money!

November 29, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

I feel like I really need to brush my teeth now :p

November 29, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

hmmm!
interesting!

November 29, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I really wanted to comment, but I thought maaan thats too scientific for me :/

November 29, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

i have nothing useful to add,but random piece of info.. i love brushing my teeth =D

hehehe

November 30, 2008 at 3:32 AM  

I like to use toothpastes containing baking soda :-D

November 30, 2008 at 9:07 AM  

a great post. Thanks for enlightening us. I wish there were examples of tooth pastes that fit in that category

November 30, 2008 at 10:40 AM  

i looooove toothpaste !! =p

my friend once told me that she tried putting toothpaste on her lips overnight and it made her lips bigger XD=p

November 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM  

Crest ayhoo feehum :p

November 30, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

he he .. first time to read something useful in a blog n not considered as blurbing ..

thanx for sharing :)

November 30, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home